Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19u7zWoW8

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Three quilts in almost as many days!

As soon as I was done teaching and home on Friday for Christmas vacation I got right to work on these gifts for my nieces!  I had already cut the squares of fabric and some batting so I really wanted to make sure I was able to complete these by Christmas!  I was inspired to make a rag quilt when I first came across roryunraveled through the blogging world.  She has a beautiful etsy shop here! I found some great directions at kevinandamanda.com.  I also found a great site with video tips here

The snowmen and trees fabrics are so adorable from the Riley Blake line and I purchased mine on etsy with great service here! I would definitely recommend a walking foot for your sewing machine as mentioned in the tutorials.  I purchased mine from amazon and as always had really fast shipping which I LOVED because it didn't delay me getting right to work.  I also invested in the small spring loaded scissors which was recommended and am thankful I did that.  It saved on sore hands from all the snipping!  I did have the help of my fiance with that work.  How sweet that the girls' uncle even had a part in making these quilts. ♥

I hope these will be treasured for years to come by all my sweet nieces! I'm linking to a few link parties.  Click on the buttons below to check them out!








With the leftover scraps I even made them each a pillowcase! I split apart a perfect pink Goodwill pillowcase I just happened to have and quilted the scraps together and pieced it together!







Here's a shot of the tags I added that I printed on my computer!



1 comment:

  1. I found you from Craftaholics Anonymous. I keep meaning to make a rag quilt but just can't get up the energy to do all the cutting and snipping. I am sure they loved them.
    Bethany
    bja7765@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete